Thursday 17 January 2013

Bristol Vintage Prop Hire




Ali Cook
07791898650 



Bristol Vintage has built up a reputation over the last 4 years for their amazing collection of beautiful mis-matched vintage crockery and for the annual Bristol Vintage Wedding Fair.  A lot of people don’t realise that Bristol Vintage also have a great collection of props for hire, love to source specific props and can help style your day too!

Ali Cook, the owner says “I’ve been collecting vintage pieces for years just for the love of it but when we started up the crockery business, we began to introduce lots of our interesting vintage finds into the collection.  We now have 4 typewriters from different eras, our gorgeous vintage bike, ‘Mabel’ (who’s soon to be joined by her male counterpart!), a vintage sledge, picnic hampers, candelabras, old birdcages, vintage books, 3 gramophones, suitcases, picture frames, cameras, china ornaments & much more.  I really look forward to the weekends when I go vintage shopping and if I’m ever on holiday I always seek out the vintage and flea markets – I’m completely obsessed!"



One of the things I love about running this business is the amount of amazingly talented people I meet.  There’s a great collaborative spirit in Bristol and people are keen to share their creativity and ideas, so my stand will be a showcase of my crockery, props and the work of some other great people including Joanna Shears, Sue Fyfe-Williams and Kirsten Butler.



I’ve been dying to meet Joanna for ages and you can read all about her company, Death & Glory, in her own blog piece.  Kirsten is one of the most popular stylists in the South-West and we quite often work together – she’s a powerhouse of great ideas and really goes that extra mile for all her brides.  Sue runs Aunties Vintage China and we work together as Jezebel Events to organise vintage events, currently including the really exciting re-launch of Clifton Hill Costume & Textiles on 18th April!  You can read about Sue’s stunning brooch bouquets below.



If you’re looking for crockery or vintage props Bristol Vintage is the place to come – we love what we do and we love sharing it with our clients to give their day a really authentic feel!”





I started making brooch bouquets in 2011 and am happy to say that I am now working on several commissions.

Brooch bouquets are for keeps; something to hand down from generation to generation as an heirloom.

I will meet with you for an initial consultation to outline shape, colour palette, design ideas and whether you have any family pieces you’d like to incorporate. I will gather the brooches and meet with you again with a mock up of the bouquet. Once you are happy with the content I will complete the bouquet and have it ready two weeks before your wedding. I can make a brooch boutonniere for your groom and smaller bouquets for your bridesmaids.

This is something unique and you could have something old, something new, borrowed and blue all at once.



No comments:

Post a Comment